Here you can find useful links and files.
Home Worship Resources
There’s nothing like confessing, praying, and singing along with a large group of people, all worshipping the Lord in the same place. In fact, the book of Revelation describes a beautiful scene where “a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages,” will worship the Lord at the foot of His throne (Revelation 7:9, 10). But is being in a large group the only way to enjoy praising God? Of course not!
King David wrote some of his prayers and worship songs while hiding in caves (see Psalms 57 and 142). Paul and Silas sang hymns together in a dungeon (Acts 16). Daniel prayed alone in his house every day (Daniel 6). Jesus told His followers that it’s better to pray inside your room with the door shut than to show off with public prayer (Matthew 5:5, 6). Jonah even sang a prayer while inside the belly of a fish!
As Americans, most of us are used to the gift of being able to regularly worship in a group on Sundays and during the week. Right now, it’s best not to do that, so what can we do? In addition to joining St. Andrews for live-stream worship on Sundays at 8:15 and 10:45 a.m., here are some worship-at-home ideas for you and your family!
- FAITH5 daily family devotions (follow St. Andrews’ Facebook page for weekly Scripture readings)
- Seasonal weekly Scriptures from the LCMS Lectionary
- Luther’s Daily Prayers
- Small Catechism (Creed)
- Images and texts of most hymns in the Lutheran Service Book
- Videos of past sermons and full St. Andrews services
- Write your own psalm
- Make wacky instruments out of items you already have at home and play along while your family reads Psalms or sings worship songs
- Search titles of Christian songs on YouTube (visit the Hymn Channel for lovely hymns to sing along with)
- “Faith Finder Fun” makes daily videos for families
- Concordia Publishing has free resources for worship, Bible Study, and devotions at home
- RightNow Media offers online Bible studies—free through St. Andrews!
Lent Devotions 2020 – Daily devotions for Lent March 1 through April 11, 2020
20 Days of Prayer 2020
As our congregation unites in the 20 Days of Prayer Jan 1-20, 2020, we hope you find these prayer resources helpful:
- 20 Days of Prayer 2020 Overview
- 20 Days of Prayer 2020 Overview – Large Print
- How to Pray – Praying the Scriptures
- How to Pray – Basic Prayer Outlines
- How to Pray – Suggested Prayer List
- Fasting Resources 2020
RightNow Media – https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Account/Invite/standrewsstockton
The Netflix of Christian Bible Study. Right Now Media offers you over 15,000 video resources to help you grow in faith. There are many resources for marriage, families, parents, finances, leadership, and so much more. You can have access to these resources on your TV, computer, or through an app on your mobile devices. And it’s free to you. If you haven’t signed up for access yet, click on the link.
Check out the Street Sheet provided for our area to helping and directing the homeless around St. Andrews and other areas throughout Stockton, Ca.
Lutheran Hour Ministries
What began as with radio broadcast ministry (which still continues today) has expanded to many ministries and resources for Christians and the growing Kingdom of God. We recommend you check out their website (www.lhm.org).
Looking to further your knowledge and understanding? Try these resources from the Concordia Seminary – https://www.csl.edu/resources/