Take a look at a few of the pictures from the current Sending Place Ukraine Mission Team. Rachelle Moreno from St. Andrews is on this trip. The Ukraine Mission Team helps to put on a week long camp for children who are handicapped and one of their parents.
We encourage you to take on a lighter schedule this summer and work on building relationships that build the kingdom of God. This starts first with your connection to God, followed by your family, then can apply to your neighbors, coworkers, classmates, and more. Summer is the perfect time to just “hang out”.
As part of summer, consider making your home a home of H.O.P.E. In the “Why Pray” devotional, John Devries described H.O.P.E. as being a Home Of Prayer Everyday. He made a few recommendations on how to do this, which match what we have encourage through the Faith 5.
Gather together everyday and read a passage of Scripture together. Ask these questions:
- What did you like best in this passage?
- What don’t you like or do you not understand?
- What did you learn about God from his passage?
- What is God calling you to do?
Then share what is going on in your lives. Devries uses the acronym C.A.R.E (Caring And Receiving care Equally). We’ve usually called it sharing Highs and Lows.
Then pray. We encourage you to use the Lord’s Prayer as a guide for your daily prayer throughout the week. Consider using the seven petitions, one for each day:
- Sunday: Hallowed be your name
- Monday: Your kingdom come
- Tuesday: Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven
- Wednesday: Give us today our daily bread
- Thursday: Forgive us…as we forgive…
- Friday: Lead us not into temptation
- Saturday: Deliver us from evil
The fourth week of the “Why Pray” devotional is set-up to take you through the Lord’s prayer. Start there and then consider how you might pray through the Lord’s Prayer in your own way in the coming weeks.
Wrap it all up by giving each other a blessing each night.
We’ve known for awhile that we should update our website and are excited to unveil our newly designed website. Take a look around and let us know what you think!
God’s blessings to you!